Browse Exhibits (7 total)
German immigrant Theodore Crenwelge built the stone farmhouse for his bride, Katherine (Katie Rumpel) in 1895. Originally the farm consisted of about 156 acres.
(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)
The Ignacio Perez Rancho Jacal is located in the Medina River Natural Area and Greenway in southern Bexar County. (15890 Highway 16, San Antonio, TX). The Medina River Natural Area and Greenway is operated by the San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department. The jacal is near the El Chaparral Trail and is visible from a distance as it is protected by a security fence. The Perez Rancho was located on the Spanish Land Grant awarded to Lt. Colonel Ignacio Perez in 1808. However, it is likely that Perez was occupying the lands prior to this time in the 1700s.
The Perrin Home was designated by the Texas Historical Commission as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1968, Marker Number 13380. As of May 2011, the marker was reported to be missing. The Perrin House is also designated as a Landmark by the City of San Antonio.
Presnall-Watson Homestead Distric
- Mailing address and location of main gate: 1349 Neal Road, San Antonio, TX 78264-3531.
The Presnall-Watson Homestead District includes six buildings, three contributing structures, and six significant archeological sites.
- The 188-acre Presnall-Watson Homestead District is part of the Land Heritage Institute (LHI) property, a 1,200-acre living land museum representing at least 10,000 years of occupancy by all the major cultural groups that shaped South Texas, including Native Americans, the Spanish, the Mexicans, and the Anglos as well as African-Americans.
The Voelcker Farmstead Historic District is the remaining vestige of what was once a large scale private dairying operation, last owned by Max and Minnie (Tomerlin) Voelcker.
The two-story stone house was built by prominent local stockman William Votaw during the 1876 - 1880 period.
The historic Votaw-James House has become the administration building for the Mission Road Development Center and a focal point of the 20 acre campus. Mission Road is a residential treatment facility for developmentally disabled children and adults.
The Zizelmann house, built in 1882 by Christian Zizelmann, is located in the historically significant Government Canyon just off the Joe Johnston trail. The house is located deep into Government Canyon and is accessible by an approximate two hour hike on an extremely rocky trail from the entry point of the state natural area
The James L. Trueheart Ranch Complex, also known as the Trueheart-de la Garza Property, Casa Vieja, the Berry Ranch, or...