Browse Exhibits (3 total)

Ball, Joseph and Salome House

Ball-Scoggin House 2014.JPG

The Joseph and Salome Ball House and Farmstead dates back to c1898.  It has been restored by the current owner.

Joseph Ball, Jr. immigrated from Alsace/Germany in 1852.  In May 1867 he married Salome Keller of Castroville, Texas, who was also Alsatian. 

(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)

, , , , , , ,

Beauregard Ranch

156481pr.jpg

The Beauregard Ranch was created from land previously owned by Spanish mission ranches. In1852, Augustin Toutant-Beauregard consolidated the initial 7,971 acres of the Beauregard Ranch by recording two purchases from Henry and Francis Radaz with the Bexar County Clerk. The first purchase of 2,951 acres was executed in 1849. The second purchase of 5,000 acres was executed in 1852. The establishment of the approximately 8,542-acre Beauregard Ranch predates the
creation of Wilson (1860) and Karnes (1854) Counties.

(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)

, , , , , ,

Perrin, Alphonse House

Perrin Home.jpg

The Perrin Home was designated by the Texas Historical Commission as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1968, Marker Number 13380.  As of May 2011, the marker was reported to be missing.  The Perrin House is also designated as a Landmark by the City of San Antonio.

(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)

, , , ,