Browse Exhibits (3 total)
The Selma Historical Parks Committee was commissioned to document Selma’s historical cemeteries and to preserve the remaining historical structures in Selma as new development approached the city. One of those structures documented was the Harrison & McCulloch Stage Stop.
(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)
This site was home to two important area families, as well as a stagecoach stop in the 1800s. Development here began in 1858 when Joseph Huebner and his family, who arrived from Austria five years earlier, bought acreage surrounding what is now Huebner Creek and Huebner Road. A successful San Antonio businessman, he soon erected three limestone buildings here and began to acquire herds of horses, mules and cattle. He also opened a stagecoach stop at the family's homestead ranch on the San Antonio to Bandera stage line route. The stop included blacksmith services, change of stock and overnight accommodations if travelers were unable to pass over the flooded creek. Joseph Huebner died in 1882 and was buried on the homestead property.
The Perrin Home was designated by the Texas Historical Commission as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1968, Marker Number 13380. As of May 2011, the marker was reported to be missing. The Perrin House is also designated as a Landmark by the City of San Antonio.
Dr. Felix Bracht immigrated from Germany to Texas in 1849 where he joined his younger brother, Victor Bracht, who had...