Browse Exhibits (3 total)
Presnall-Watson Homestead Distric
- Mailing address and location of main gate: 1349 Neal Road, San Antonio, TX 78264-3531.
The Presnall-Watson Homestead District includes six buildings, three contributing structures, and six significant archeological sites.
- The 188-acre Presnall-Watson Homestead District is part of the Land Heritage Institute (LHI) property, a 1,200-acre living land museum representing at least 10,000 years of occupancy by all the major cultural groups that shaped South Texas, including Native Americans, the Spanish, the Mexicans, and the Anglos as well as African-Americans.
The James L. Trueheart Ranch Complex, also known as the Trueheart-de la Garza Property, Casa Vieja, the Berry Ranch, or the Goeth Ranch has been recognized on the local, statewide and national levels for its significance as a historic farm and ranch in association with agriculture and conservation, a cultural landscape and as important vernacular architecture in the mid-19th century. Just as significant is its association with important historical persons such as James L. Trueheart and his father-in-law, Jose Antonio de la Garza, who were key figures in the history of the property, as well as members of the Goeth family, owners of the property during the early 20th century.
Much more to come!
The Blas Herrera Ranch, located in southern Bexar County, Texas, represents an important survival of an early 19th century homestead...