Cadena, Maxcimo Complex

The Cadena family was involved in the cargo freighting business in the mid to late 1800’s at a time when transporting goods by carts and wagons was the primary mode of moving goods from one location to another.

The two-story, vernacular limestone block house of Maxcimo (AKA Maximo) Cadena is located on a hilltop on the northwest side of San Antonio. The beautiful view of the Hill Country is now partially obscured by the many newly constructed homes surrounding the house.

(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)

Credits

(C) San Antonio Conservation Society