Browse Exhibits (2 total)
The Beauregard Ranch was created from land previously owned by Spanish mission ranches. In1852, Augustin Toutant-Beauregard consolidated the initial 7,971 acres of the Beauregard Ranch by recording two purchases from Henry and Francis Radaz with the Bexar County Clerk. The first purchase of 2,951 acres was executed in 1849. The second purchase of 5,000 acres was executed in 1852. The establishment of the approximately 8,542-acre Beauregard Ranch predates the
creation of Wilson (1860) and Karnes (1854) Counties.
(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)
The Perrin Home was designated by the Texas Historical Commission as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1968, Marker Number 13380. As of May 2011, the marker was reported to be missing. The Perrin House is also designated as a Landmark by the City of San Antonio.
The Herff Farm is an excellent example of a Texas Hill Country farmstead built by pioneer German families who settled...