Browse Exhibits (1 total)
The historic Francois and Catarina Callaghan Guilbeau farmhouse and associated structures (c1885) are in danger of being demolished.
Architecturally the primary structure, the Guilbeau house, is valuable for the study of the period, type, method of construction and use of indigenous materials. It was built c1885 and is a vernacular stucco-clad limestone dog trot folk house with an enclosed central passageway. It is built of local stone that was likely quarried from a nearby source.
(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)
In the spring of 1850 Karl Josef Stapper bought a farm on the Cibolo Creek about twenty miles from New...