Davenport House

Davenport, William - House

WILLIAM DAVENPORT IN FRONT OF HIS HOME

 Contributed by Lamoine Holland, Esq., San Antonio, Texas

 

Davenport, William - House

Recent Photo (1)

Davenport, William - House

Recent Photo (2)

Davenport, William - House

Outbuilding -located to the left of the house in adjacent field

This house is still standing in 2007 at the corner of Nacogdoches Road (El Camino Real de los Tejas) and Evans Road across from the Cibolo Creek.  William Davenport was a rich landowner who came to Selma in the early 1850’s and is buried about ¼ mile from his home in his family cemetery.  The cemetery was named a historic cemetery by the Texas Historical Commission.  The house in this picture was built around 1875 after Davenport’s original home burned.