Browse Exhibits (2 total)
Nine Historic Structures built in the 1860s: Log cabin, barn, smokehouse, water well, workshop, Heidemann-Barrera house, storage house, cemetery, possible early kiln.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, July 6, 2011.
In 2014, Professor Frances Gale of the University of Texas At Austin, School of Architecture, took the Materials Conservation Laboratory class to the Heidemann property to analyze the building materials of the log house and the barn.
A Building Award was given to Mr. Roy R.Barrera, Sr. and Mr. Gilbert Barrera by the San Antonio Conservation Society in March 2016 for the restoration of the cabin, the barn and the smokehouse by Gilbert Barrera.
In 2016, the Heidemann Family Cemetery was dedicated and designated as a Historic Texas Cemetery (HTC).
(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)
ANTON F. KRAUSE HOUSE
San Antonio, TX.
With political unrest and threats of war in Europe, Anton F. Krause and his future wife, Johanna Roesler, both natives of Lussdorf, Bohema, sailed from Bremen aboard the Lucie. They arrived in Galveston on November 7, 1854. Their granddaughter, Clara Krause Parsons, remembers them saying they walked most of the way to San Antonio where they joined a number of other German speaking families. On May 22, 1855, Anton and Johanna were married at San Fernando Cathedral in San Antonio, Texas.
Presnall-Watson Homestead Distric Mailing address and location of main gate: 1349 Neal Road, San Antonio, TX 78264-3531. The Presnall-Watson Homestead District includes...