Browse Exhibits (1 total)
The James L. Trueheart Ranch Complex, also known as the Trueheart-de la Garza Property, Casa Vieja, the Berry Ranch, or the Goeth Ranch has been recognized on the local, statewide and national levels for its significance as a historic farm and ranch in association with agriculture and conservation, a cultural landscape and as important vernacular architecture in the mid-19th century. Just as significant is its association with important historical persons such as James L. Trueheart and his father-in-law, Jose Antonio de la Garza, who were key figures in the history of the property, as well as members of the Goeth family, owners of the property during the early 20th century.
In December of 1854, immigrants from Upper Silesia in Prussian Poland began arriving in Texas. In Bexar County, approximately twenty...