Schumann - Scheel House
The land where the (Schumann - Scheel) home is located was part of a 1476 acre ranch, known as the Converse Ranch, which Major James Converse, Chief Superintendent and Engineer for the Galveston, Harrisburg & San Antonio Rail way Company and the founder of the City of Converse, had purchased in 1877. James Converse sold his ranch to Edward Hall in 1882.
Anton Otto Schumann, born near New Braunfels on 3 January 1875, purchased 120 acres of that land from Hall on January 11, 1900.
(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)
© San Antonio Conservation Society