Harrison, John S. - House
The John S. Harrison Homestead, located in northeast Bexar County along the Cibolo Creek at the rear of Forest Creek Subdivision on the access road of IH-35, consists of four historic structures/features. The house was built in the early1850’s by stage master, John S. Harrison and his wife, Martha Jane Harrison. Harrison ran three Star Routes (mail and passenger routes) through Central Texas from the mid-1840’s through the mid-1860’s. He died in Waco, Texas in December 1864. The house is owned by the City of Selma and has been restored as a community center and city park. It was officially opened in August 2016.
(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)
© San Antonio Conservation Society