de la Garza - Cantu House
This property was once part of the large Spanish land grant made to Simon Arocha, a Canary Island descendant, by the Spanish government in ca. 1778. The ranch appeared on the list of Sindico Reports of the Bexar Jurisdiction, taken in the Year 1810. At this time, the ranch was known as Santa Rita de las Yslitas.
(CLICK ON ABOVE TITLE TO OPEN EXHIBIT FILES)
© San Antonio Conservation Society