Wallrath - Stapper - Fritz - Kalinowski
In the spring of 1850 Karl Josef Stapper bought a farm on the Cibolo Creek about twenty miles from New Braunfels. He bought the farm (1326 acres) from Mr. William Von Marschall. Wilhelm Puetz (or Putz) bought part (665 acres) of this land, but in 1852 he decided to return to Germany and sold the land to Peter Wallerath. Puetz had the needed lumber to build the house, but left before the house was finished. Peter Wallerath completed the house according to the Puetz house plan, and the house still stands today (2017).
© San Antonio Conservation Society